Meet our team
We are absolutely thrilled to have a rockstar, speech-language pathologist join our team this year... Deanna Mosher! Deanna works tremendously hard at ChangeMakers Academy AND Beta Academy to provide speech therapy services. Originally from Canada, Deanna moved to the U.S. nine years ago to study speech-language pathology. She graduated from St. Cloud State University, just outside of Minneapolis. After graduating, she moved to California to take a job providing speech therapy to preschool children at Cameron School in El Cerrito. Although Deanna has only been on our team since August, it's amazing to see the progress students have made with her guidance. We are so grateful for you, Deanna!
Words about Deanna from Caliber Staff
"Coming on the the Caliber team this year, Deanna has dove into the culture, services, and dynamics with such finesse and perseverance. Her devotion to services and student really has shined through. Thank you Deanna."
All about Deanna!
1. What is your favorite thing about working at Caliber?
All of the amazing staff, teachers and children!! It's heart warming to see students' happy faces every day when it's speech time!
2. What was your favorite subject growing up?
English - I love creative writing
3. What is your favorite memory associated with music (maybe a memorable concert, or playing an instrument yourself!)?
Singing along to my favorite song in the car!
4. If you could go on a dream vacation, what would you do + where would you go?
I would like to travel all over the world. But if I had to choose one place, I would go to Italy and Greece. I would explore the cities, learn about the history and eat delicious food!
5. What is your favorite thing about the Bay Area (or specifically about Richmond and Vallejo!)?
I love the diversity of the Bay Area. There are so many wonderful places to hike... Honestly, there is always something fun and exciting to do in the Bay!
6. What is one fun fact that most people don't know about you?
I'm newly married. I just tied the knot two months ago :)
Congratulations on the wedding, Deanna!